Saturday, July 20, 2019

Rumors of My Retirement

I suppose if I constantly wrote and talked about Finland, you might imagine that I was planning on going there. Ah, but when? While it may seem that I talk about retirement in such a way that would lead you to believe it is immanent, that is not what I am planning at the moment. I enjoy my ministry at First Reformed and definitely feel called to a few more things before someone snappier comes in.

I trained and planned for many years for the career I landed in and intend to plan and prepare for my last chapter in an equally intentional way. I hope to talk to folks about their plans and journeys as a part of that. I will be starting at least one group to chat about the issues of retirement, before and after. Let me know if you are interested.